Definitions

Listening to the Democrats talk about what the Republicans want, and the Republicans talk about what the Democrats want, and what the Democrats and Republicans say about what they want, I thought it might be fun to say what I think they really want, when I attempt to pare down overall agendas to their bare bones.


I think:

The Democrats want to try to effect the most good for the largest number of citizens.

I think:

The Republicans want to increase the wealth of the wealtiest citizens, at any cost.


That's it. When you take away everything else, I believe that those are the true motivations of both parties. Oh, there are more parties. Oh, If I must.

I think:
The Libertarians want there to be no taxes on anything, or restrictions on anything, but they still want good roads and libraries, and lots and lots of drugs.

Comments

Popular Posts