What is thy bidding, my Master?

At left is one of Annie Liebowitz's portraits of the big Q herself, or as I like to call her,

Darth Ellie.

(Click the photo to biggify, for full effect)

When that woman tells you to do something, you do it. She even has the power to (mostly) control Corgis. Now that's sheer, raw power. And I get the feeling that she was annoyed with being photographed, and that caused the weather behind her to change from a bright blue sunny sky with the telletubbies sun in it to the brooding impending doomscape you see. Sure is dramatic. I think she has control over the weather, like Prospero in The Tempest. I wouldn't cross her.

The article I lifted the photo from gives one of Annie's tips for getting good portraits. Tell the subject you're done, and then keep shooting. They will relax a bit before they know what's going on. Then the Queen used The Force to hurl the photographer across the Thames. You don't mess with the Queen.

Comments

Popular Posts